We expect such a high demand for the Lucky Numbers Club that we are anticipating almost all members will want to join. Therefore your 2013 renewal form will ask you for a payment of £20 to include your renewal AND a Lucky Number, with the option to opt out of the Lucky Numbers Club and pay the normal subscription of £15.
THE LCC LUCKY NUMBERS CLUB
- The number of Lucky Numbers available for each year is equal to the number of fully paid up and official honorary members the LCC has at 23.59 on December 31st of the previous year.
- Every paid up or honorary member shall be entitled to buy one Lucky Number at the price of £5. This can be paid along with the membership fee as a single cheque. Requests must be received by 23.59 on December 31st. If a member has not requested a number by then, they will not be able to have one for the year in question. When requesting their Lucky Number, members may express an interest in purchasing further numbers at £5 each. Once all requested numbers have been allocated, if there is a difference between the number allocated and the number of members, the remaining Lucky Numbers will be allocated by random drawing. So if a member has requested one further number, they will have one place in the draw; if they have requested two, they will have two places and so on.
- Members who join or renew after 23.59 on 31st December will need to wait until the following year before requesting a number.
- Once all numbers have been allocated, each member will be contacted by email to tell them their number(s) for the current year, and, if applicable, how much they need to pay for their extra numbers. Members without email should enclose an SAE with their application so they can receive this information.
- Requests for specific numbers cannot be considered.
- Prize fund Once all numbers have been allocated, 10% of the total takings will be deducted for club funds. The remainder will be divided into 12 equal sums, to be awarded in the following way: 3 draws at the AGM, 3 draws at the Summer Meeting, 3 draws at the September meeting and 3 draws at the Christmas meeting.
- Value of prizes The total prize fund for each draw will be divided into three prizes as follows: 1st prize 50% of total, 2nd prize 30% of total, 3rd prize 20% of total.
- Prizes will be sent as soon as possible, but bear in mind that the Committee are spread out around the country and sometimes the Treasurer will not be able to get cheques countersigned immediately, so please be patient.